Events and Welcome Desk Associate
Civic Hall is seeking a thoughtful and organized full-time Events and Welcome Desk Associate to work Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., with variation in exact hours depending on event schedule. The position reports to the Director of Culture and Events.
- Support events administrative work, including coordinating events requests, room bookings, creating quotes, creating events guides, and coordinating additional house managers.
- Act as house manager for events, including space setup, coordinating with events participants, A/V setup and maintenance, and offering additional assistance during events.
- Assist members and guests in developing their events ideas and requests.
- Conduct facility tours to external groups as needed.
This role will include approximately 20 hours per week at our Welcome Desk. Although there can be busy periods, there is some time while stationed at the Welcome Desk to complete event-related administrative tasks. Welcome Desk duties include:
- Welcome members and guests and assist them as necessary with the sign-in process.
- Answer general questions about Civic Hall and the amenities in the space.
- Assist members and guests with conference room booking, locker rental, borrowing equipment, looking up their membership information, and other services.
- Refer members and guests to appropriate members of the Civic Hall team.
- Occasionally conduct facility tours to external groups as needed.
Civic Hall is committed to building a stronger, diverse, and mission-driven team to serve the community we know, respect, and love. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. When applying, please include information about your unique background.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in events or house management, including conferences, panels, concerts, and/or college events.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage competing demands, and meet deadlines
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and able to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to connect well with people; warm, approachable, and patient
- This position requires sitting or standing, and frequent bending and lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Team spirit and sense of humor appreciated
Salary is $22/hr to $25/hr, depending on experience.
Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits provided via Justworks
Unlimited PTO for full-time employees
12 Paid Holidays